Skip to main content

Thread: Do I need to back-up my files before I upgrade? [Noob]


looks ubuntu has decided agree me , upgrade without problems . when upgrade finished , computer reboots, of files gone?

also, how know whether or not "community maintained software" enabled?
thank you.

it's always idea make sure files before upgrade, clean install, etc. never know may happen.

repos, in synaptic. system-->administration-->synaptic package manger.

when synaptic opens up, (and i'm not on ubuntu @ moment--doing memory), @ top, under 'settings' repositories. open up, , 1 of tabs show repos enabled or not. check ones want enabled, , uncheck ones don't want enabled.


Forum The Ubuntu Forum Community Ubuntu Official Flavours Support Installation & Upgrades [ubuntu] Do I need to back-up my files before I upgrade? [Noob]


Ubuntu

Comments